Thursday 3 November 2016

unit 3 silent movie


Unit 3- Silent Movie Project



Thursday 3rd November
We began our first Drama lesson after half term by talking about our upcoming assignment "Silent Film" project, we started by practicing miming a pole and holding it as well as turning it round in a circle or up and down. Next we did a mime with the scene based on a waiter serving a customer a beverage, my partner Caliyah and I based the scene in a restaurant and she played an elderly customers whereas I played a cheeky waiter and I get her order wrong 3 times as well as doing mistakes 2 times. We then did a scene with a piece of music (The Stranglers-Turn the centuries, turn) and my group based it on a robbery gone wrong.

Monday 7th November

In Becca's production lesson we completed a worksheet about the set up for Britney Spears concert in Las Vegas which was meant for Tuesday lessons but the internet wasn't working, next lesson we went onto blog. Drama was next. for the warm up we each did a small dance to the music, three groups had been given three titles, my group who included Bruno, Pedro and Nerrisa was given "Why cant I do that" where we based the play in a gym and Pedro is the manager and Bruno is a personal trainer and so Nerissa and myself go to that certain gym but we get told we cant stay as we are both female which we ignore and still enter, the boys decide to give us three challenges to do in the gym and if we pass every single one of them and if we don't we leave, the first challenge is on a running machine which we complete, the second one is a plank which gets the boys annoyed as we pass that one as well and finally they give us a challenge that they couldn't even complete including a weight, we both complete the tasks meaning that our characters could stay in the gym and we end the piece with Pedro being frustrated and saying "Why can't I do that".
 
Monday 14th November

Started the day with completing a blog session for two hours, then going to Drama where the music students met us and our teachers told us how they would be doing our pieces music, my group and I for the Silent Film project then went down to the college's gym after the discussion and we filmed some of our scenes with the media group, this was my first time doing this and I felt in a happy place as I'm not camera shy and so I felt more than happy to do it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment